Unicompartmental Knee Replacement Indications and Contraindications
Who are suitable candidates for an Unicompartmental Knee Replacement?
- Arthritis must only be limited to one compartment of the knee which is confirmed by x-ray
- Ideally patients should be above 60 years of age
- Patients should have a BMI less than 30
Who are unsuitable candidates for an Unicompartmental Knee Replacement?
- Patients with arthritis affecting more than one compartment of the knee
- Patients with severe angular deformities
- Patients with an unstable knee
- Patients who have undergone a previous osteotomy
- Patients who are involved in heavy physical work or contact sports